of Parachute Exhibitions Worldwide
Including Past Events and Links to SignUps/Photos/Videos
• India, Rajasthan, Jaipur – River Awareness Sustainability Event, 12 Parachutes on display
• Yaoundé, Cameroon – Mother Earth Sculpture Dedication
• Maryland – Art Parade with Parachutes
• Montgomery County, Maryland – 1st Annual Climate Music and Art Festival (with 350.org), Piney Branch Elementary School, 7510 Maple Avenue, Takoma Park, Maryland, 10am – 2pm, large display of parachutes (in gym and all-purpose room). RSVP Here
• India, Rajasthan, Jaipur – World Environment Day, 5 Parachutes on display
May 24-30 and June 29
• Mali, Batako – Parachute Action (15) in the INNOV VILLAGE component of the upcoming Africa parade of Innovators Hii-FESTIVAL. Parliament Members, US Embassy and other Officials to be present.
• Bonn, Germany – Paint a Parachute together
• Victoria, British Columbia, Canada – Meetings with Parliament Members with 30 Parachutes
• Canada and WORLD – Fridays for Future Climate Strike with Parachutes with dozens of schools across Canada striking for better climate laws.
• Bonn, Germany – United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Festival of Action, World Conference Center. 17 Parachutes on display, one for each of the 17 SDGs.
• Kaduna State, Nigeria – Project on Climate Action. 5 Parachutes on display
• Montgomery County, Maryland Greenfest – Brookside Gardens with Parachutes
• Leesburg, Virginia – Girl Scouts Annual Meeting, Distribute 300 Parachutes
• Tel-Aviv, Israel – Climate March, 18 parachutes and MEP Inflatable Booth at Meir Park
• Ontario, Canada – Breakfast with Members of Provincial Parliament at Queen’s Park,
Parachutes across Ontario will be on display
• Rockville, Maryland – VisArts Center – Parachute Painting for Greenfest (155 Gibbs Street)
• Freetown, Sierra Leone – Freetown Teachers College Parachute Sustainability Event
• Panama City, Panama – World Youth Day: The Pope comes to Central America and will be surrounded by 41 Parachutes, created by local religious and school groups.
• Zimbabwe – Seminar and Safe Cities Summit in the City of Mutare, attended by mining companies, extractive companies and industry. Many parachutes will be at this event.
• Sudbury, Ontario & Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada – Friday’s For Future Sudbury Rally, MP for Sudbury, Paul Lefebvre and MPP for Nickel Belt, France Gelinas and other adults played parachute games with the youth; Youth rally outside of the BC Environment Minister’s office
• Abuja, Nigeria – Parachutes & Arts for Climate for Senior Secondary Schools in FCT Abuja, Millennium Park Abuja, 9am – 4pm
• Toronto, Canada – Parliament of World Religions Conference – displayed Parachutes and participated in panel discussions
• Sudbury, Ontario, Canada – Friday’s For Future Lone Striker Sophia Mathur, 20 parachutes at Memorial Park, MP for Timmins James Bay Charlie Angus and other adults played parachute games with Sophia
October 29, 12-2pm
• US Supreme Court, Washington, DC – Parachutes in front of Supreme Court. This court is discussing the Juliana vs USA case (21 kids suing the US government about climate change).
October 29, 9-11am
• Freedom Plaza, Washington, DC – Parachutes across the street from DC Council Building. This council is voting on most ambitious climate bill in US, 100% carbon-neutral by 2032. Coordinated with CCL.
• Sudbury, Canada – Parliament Hill, Parachutes collected from across Canada
• Washington, DC – Mother Earth Project’s Parachutes For The Planet™ World Inaugural Exhibition, Georgetown Waterfront Park, 11am – 4pm
• Nairobi, Kenya – Climate Change Art Competition Award ceremony with 20-40 parachutes.
October – September
• Sunnyvale Community Center, Creative Arts Center, 550 East Remington Drive, Sunnyvale, California – Parachutes on Display
• Grand Rapids, Michigan – Lions and Rabbits, 10 – 2pm, Paint a Parachute
• Missouri River Regional Library, Jefferson City, Missouri – Parachute display for the Citizens’ Climate Lobby meeting
• Zero Hour Youth Climate March, in partnership with MEP, Citizens’ Climate Lobby, Sierra Club – Washington, DC on the National Mall at 12th St (and other sister city locations)
• Citizens’ Climate Lobby Sister Parachute Exhibitions – Ann Arbor, Michigan at City Hall, Indianapolis, Indiana, Canberra, Australia
• Washington, DC – First Parachute Exhibition – Citizens’ Climate International Conference and Lobby Day, Omni Shoreham Hotel Blue Room
• Lagos, Nigeria – World Environment Day Celebration, including government officials, members of parliament, labor unions, students and the general public. The project was executed by the Climate Aid Initiative.
• Ottawa, Canada – Earth Day Festival at Memorial Park
• Eugene, Oregon – Eugene School District 4J in collaboration with the EWEB Education Partnership
May and June
• Geneseo, Illinois – GHS Environmental Club Parachute on display at Public Library,805 N Chicago Street
May 30• Sierra Leone, Africa – Freetown Teachers College (FTC), Jui, Freetown, (14 Parachutes from different schools)
May 18, 6pm – 7pm
• Chevy Chase, Maryland – Somerset ES 5th Grade Environmental Art and Parachute Exhibition, Town Hall, 4510 Cumberland Ave
April 20, Earth Day
• Providence, Rhode Island – Providence Montessori School students sing with their parachute at Earth Day concert
• Yaoundé, Cameroon – Mother Earth sculpture installed in park near Catholic University
• Jerusalem, Israel – Mother Earth sculpture installed in Bloomfield Gardens next to the King David Hotel
• Washington, DC – The Big Build at the National Building Museum – MEP Inflatable Booth major debut
• Guilin, China – Mother Earth sculpture installed at Boya Academy
• Climate March Worldwide – Kallan Benson marches in DC with her 24′ diameter butterfly parachute with 1600 student signatures (first parachute of the Parachute For The Planet™ project).
• Washington, DC – Mother Earth Sculpture Dedication in Georgetown
The MEP’s Inaugural Dedication took place on Climate March Day next to the Mother Earth sculpture in Washington, DC, along the Potomac River.
• Washington, DC – First Mother Earth sculpture installed in Georgetown along the Potomac River
• Washington, DC – American University Katzen Center – First public lecture about the Mother Earth Project – MEP Inflatable Booth debut