of Parachute Exhibitions Worldwide
Including Past Events and Links to SignUps/Photos/Videos
June 5, 5:30pm EST
• CitizenKid’s “Earth Comes First” will air on YTV’s The Zone on World Environment Day
• 50th Anniversary of Earth Day Green Drinks International ZOOM with a Presentation by MEP cofounder Barton Rubenstein. Article
March – April
• Chevy Chase, Maryland – MEP cofounders created a Bat Parachute, inspired by a Washington Post article that connects COVID-19 to the Climate Emergency. MEP also placed a box of free parachutes for neighbors to take, decorate with art, their environmental concerns, and next sustainable actions, this all during the COVID-19 stay at home lock-down. 100 Parachutes were distributed and displayed in the extended neighborhoods. More info here.
• India, Rajasthan, Jaipur – River Awareness Sustainability Event, 12 Parachutes on display
• Yaoundé, Cameroon – Mother Earth Sculpture Dedication
• New York City – Kallan Benson Acceptance Speech (on behalf of Fridays For Future) of UNEP Champions of the Earth Award
• Maryland – Wheaton Art Parade with Parachutes, 10am
• Washington, DC – John Marshall Park (4th and C Streets NW) at 11am, marching to US Capitol (west side)
• New York City – United Nations Building (100 Parachutes +) – WORLD CLIMATE STRIKE with Greta Thunberg’s Fridays For Future (Go to this website to register your strike!)
• Sierra Leone – CCL Chapter Director Alhassan Sesay organized Parachutes For The Planet® activities with the Sierra Leone School Green Club.
• Washington, DC – Strike with Greta! North Side of White House, 11-2pm
• Burundi – Parachutes For The Planet display event
• Guinée, Conakry – Parachutes For The Planet event
• Zimbabwe, Mutare – Schools Commemorative Day of Africa Child with Parachutes
• Germany, Bonn – World Renewable Energy Day in cooperation with international NGOs, rewewable energy advocates & FridaysForFuture.org during the UN Climate Conference in Bonn. The launch event takes place at the UN Campus (United Nations Plaza) with high-profile speakers, Ukranian singer Ruslana & other musicians AND a Parachutes for the Planet display.
• Germany, Bonn – Family March for Peace, Women & Human Rights and Climate Justice with Israeli Activist Yael Deckelbaum & The Mothers
• Montgomery County, Maryland – 1st Annual Climate Music and Art Festival (with 350.org), Piney Branch Elementary School, 7510 Maple Avenue, Takoma Park, Maryland, 10am – 2pm, large display of parachutes (in gym and all-purpose room). RSVP Here
• India, Rajasthan, Jaipur – World Environment Day, 5 Parachutes on display
May 24-30 and June 29
• Mali, Batako – Parachute Action (15) in the INNOV VILLAGE component of the upcoming Africa parade of Innovators Hii-FESTIVAL. Parliament Members, US Embassy and other Officials to be present.
Climate Strike with Fridays For Future and Parents4Future groups and parachutes in Bonn, Germany
• Bonn, Germany – Paint a Parachute together
• Victoria, British Columbia, Canada – Meetings with Parliament Members with 30 Parachutes
• Canada and WORLD – Fridays for Future Climate Strike with Parachutes with dozens of schools across Canada striking for better climate laws.
• Germany, Bonn – United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Festival of Action, World Conference Center. 17 Parachutes on display, one for each of the 17 SDGs.
• Nigeria, Kaduna State – Project on Climate Action. 5 Parachutes on display
• Montgomery County, Maryland Greenfest – Brookside Gardens with Parachutes
• Virginia, Leesburg – Girl Scouts Annual Meeting, Distribute 300 Parachutes
• Israel, Tel Aviv – Climate March, 18 parachutes and MEP Inflatable Booth at Meir Park
• Canada, Ontario – Breakfast with Members of Provincial Parliament at Queen’s Park,
Parachutes across Ontario will be on display
• Maryland, Rockville – VisArts Center – Parachute Painting for Greenfest (155 Gibbs Street)
• Sierra Leone, Freetown – Freetown Teachers College Parachute Sustainability Event
• Panama, Panama City – World Youth Day: The Pope comes to Central America and will be surrounded by 41 Parachutes, created by local religious and school groups.
• Zimbabwe – Seminar and Safe Cities Summit in the City of Mutare, attended by mining companies, extractive companies and industry. Many parachutes will be at this event.
• Canada, Sudbury, Ontario & Vancouver, British Columbia – Friday’s For Future Sudbury Rally, MP for Sudbury, Paul Lefebvre and MPP for Nickel Belt, France Gelinas and other adults played parachute games with the youth; Youth rally outside of the BC Environment Minister’s office
• Nigeria, Abuja – Parachutes & Arts for Climate for Senior Secondary Schools in FCT Abuja, Millennium Park Abuja, 9am – 4pm
• Canada, Toronto – Parliament of World Religions Conference – displayed Parachutes and participated in panel discussions
• Canada, Ontario, Sudbury – Friday’s For Future Lone Striker Sophia Mathur, 20 parachutes at Memorial Park, MP for Timmins James Bay Charlie Angus and other adults played parachute games with Sophia
October 29, 12-2pm
• Washington, DC – US Supreme Court, Parachutes in front of Supreme Court. This court is discussing the Juliana vs USA case (21 kids suing the US government about climate change).
October 29, 9-11am
• Washington, DC – Freedom Plaza, Parachutes across the street from DC Council Building. This council is voting on most ambitious climate bill in US, 100% carbon-neutral by 2032. Coordinated with CCL.
• Canada, Sudbury – Parliament Hill, Parachutes collected from across Canada
• Washington, DC – Mother Earth Project’s Parachutes For The Planet™ World Inaugural Exhibition, Georgetown Waterfront Park, 11am – 4pm
• Kenya, Nairobi – Climate Change Art Competition Award ceremony with 20-40 parachutes.
October – September
• California, Sunnyvale – Sunnyvale Community Center, Creative Arts Center, 550 East Remington Drive, Parachutes on Display
• Michigan, Grand Rapids – Lions and Rabbits, 10 – 2pm, Paint a Parachute
• Missouri, Missouri River Regional Library, Jefferson City – Parachute display for the Citizens’ Climate Lobby meeting
• Zero Hour Youth Climate March, in partnership with MEP, Citizens’ Climate Lobby, Sierra Club – Washington, DC on the National Mall at 12th St (and other sister city locations)
• Citizens’ Climate Lobby Sister Parachute Exhibitions – Ann Arbor, Michigan at City Hall, Indianapolis, Indiana, Canberra, Australia
• Washington, DC – First Parachute Exhibition – Citizens’ Climate International Conference and Lobby Day, Omni Shoreham Hotel Blue Room
• Nigeria, Lagos – World Environment Day Celebration, including government officials, members of parliament, labor unions, students and the general public. The project was executed by the Climate Aid Initiative.
• Canada, Ottawa – Earth Day Festival at Memorial Park
• Eugene, Oregon – Eugene School District 4J in collaboration with the EWEB Education Partnership
May and June
• Illinois, Geneseo – GHS Environmental Club Parachute on display at Public Library,805 N Chicago Street
• Sierra Leone – Freetown Teachers College (FTC), Jui, Freetown, (14 Parachutes from different schools)
May 18, 6pm – 7pm
• Maryland, Chevy Chase – Somerset ES 5th Grade Environmental Art and Parachute Exhibition, Town Hall, 4510 Cumberland Ave
April 20, Earth Day
• Providence, Rhode Island – Providence Montessori School students sing with their parachute at Earth Day concert
• Cameroon, Yaoundé – Mother Earth sculpture installed in park near Catholic University
• Israel, Jerusalem – Mother Earth sculpture installed in Bloomfield Gardens next to the King David Hotel
• Washington, DC – The Big Build at the National Building Museum – MEP Inflatable Booth major debut
• China, Guilin – Mother Earth sculpture installed at Boya Academy
• Climate March Worldwide – Kallan Benson marches in DC with her 24′ diameter butterfly parachute with 1600 student signatures (first parachute of the Parachute For The Planet™ project).
• Washington, DC – Mother Earth Sculpture Dedication in Georgetown
The MEP’s Inaugural Dedication took place on Climate March Day next to the Mother Earth sculpture in Washington, DC, along the Potomac River.
• Washington, DC – First Mother Earth sculpture installed in Georgetown along the Potomac River
• Washington, DC – American University Katzen Center – First public lecture about the Mother Earth Project – MEP Inflatable Booth debut