Greetings from PDI in Kigoma.
Population and Development Initiative (PDI) is a newly registered
Non-governmental Organization (NGO) based in Kigoma in Tanzania. The
NGO was registered on 4th January, 2021 with registration number
The vision of the organization is: A community with empowered
children, youth and women capable of influencing socioeconomic
The vision is: To mobilize children, youth, women and stakeholders in
improving knowledge and skills for sustainable socioeconomic
These two objectives (among four) relate with environmental issues are:
1.To advocate for equitable water,sanitation and hygiene in local and
2.To advocate, promote and raise awareness on environmental
conservation initiatives in the community
We have honor to ask your good office about the process of becoming
associates/members, collaborators or exchange information for
advancing environmental conservation in the community.
We value and understand your long-term experience, commitment and
contribution in socioeconomic issues globally in the context of
environmental conservation through training, dialogue and advocacy,
among others in favor of children, women and
Sustainable Actions in this Community
Greetings from Kigoma in Tanzania.
We were finalizing to officiate our organisation in the Kigoma (Tanzania) region after a new registration.
We have read news on the website about Parachutes. Its a good campaign as far as environmental challenges are concerned here in Tanzania and across the globe. We work with other 5-10 CSOs in Tanzania and can reach about 60 people so far. To start We would like to receive 5 parachutes which will assist us in our campaigns.
Population and Development Initiative (PDI) was established in 2020 and registered on 4th January, 2021 as a national NGO with registration number 00NGO/R/1566. PDI is based in Kigoma-Ujiji municipality at Masanga Area.
According to demographic reports in Tanzania, most children, youth and women face various social and economic challenges which hinder them to reach their potential. These challenges, among others, are unemployment, inadequate skills, limited innovation, climate change, malnutrition although they are available resources and opportunities in their community.
PDI intends to provide skills, capacity, networks, information and resources needed to address these challenges to support development of children, youth and children in Tanzania.
2.0 Thematic areas
• Economic Empowerment
• Health and Nutrition
• Water, sanitation and hygiene
• Environmental conservation
4.0 Local and international collaborators and partnership
• International Union for Forestry Organisations(IUFRO)
• Kigoma Regional NGOs Network
• Next World Now community investments (NWNCI)
• Open Data Charter (ODC)
• Responsible Mining Alliance
• Responsible Mining Foundation
• Sanitation and Water for All (SWA)
• Water Integrity Network (WIN)
• Kigoma Press Club
• Tanzania Women Empowerment in Action
5.0 Vision Statement
A community with empowered children, youth and women capable of influencing socioeconomic development
6.0 Mission Statement
To mobilize ad engage children, youth, women and stakeholders in improving knowledge and skills for sustainable socioeconomic development
• To promote and enhance the provision of entrepreneurial and technological skills for economic wellbeing and sustainability of women and youth
• To advocate, promote and raise awareness on environmental conservation to ascertain productive agriculture and other socioeconomic practices in the community
• To raise awareness of scientific preventive measures against diseases and multiplying effects of malnutrition in the community
• To advocate for equitable water, sanitation and hygiene at local and national level